logo

BIRCHINGTON HERITAGE TRUST
GALLERY

Station Road Shops - Postwar
Henry's c.1950

Henry's c.1950

Edward Villas were originally four houses in two blocks - Henrys electrical shop was the first conversion in the 1950's.  It lasted into the 1970's - among its successors were Priceless, Marsden Douglas solicitors, Sunrise Estates and Birchington Pet Shop..
The shop next door, under construction, became Hayes outfitters.   It has also been Rosy Cheeks health foods, J & M Jewellers and Marsden Douglas solicitors (who moved from next door).