logo

BIRCHINGTON HERITAGE TRUST
GALLERY

Station Road Shops - Postwar
Nicholls, mid 1950's

Nicholls, mid 1950's

Nicholls became Widdows, another stationers, then became a bakers in the early 1970's - It has been Alba Bakery, Champs and Village Bakery.
Cornfords Draper retreated to the left-hand side of their shop (the part visible in this picture) in the fifties and lasted there into the 1970's. It became Just Beauty, Carolines Face Place then Funky Divas.