logo

BIRCHINGTON HERITAGE TRUST
GALLERY

Station Road Shops - Postwar
Edmunds, c.1950

Edmunds, c.1950

Holtons (behind the sandwich board) became a part of Courts Chemist when it expanded to become a double-fronted shop.
Edmunds stationer became Butts Library, Hamlet and then Clayton, all stationers. It was then Kingserv, a television/electrical shop then Henry Campbell Gallery. Later it was Birchington Antiques, then The Deli.