logo

BIRCHINGTON HERITAGE TRUST
GALLERY

Station Road Shops - Postwar
Stanley's Newsagent c.1950

Stanley's Newsagent c.1950

Stanleys was in this shop from the start of the 1950's until this block was demolished for road widening in the late 1960's. But was it ever really Forbuoys, as this picture suggests? The site remained empty for many years,  then was replaced by the current block which has housed Coastal Security and estate agents including K Setterfield,  Lovetts, and Wards.