logo

BIRCHINGTON HERITAGE TRUST
GALLERY

Station Road Shops - Postwar
Bath Cottages, c.1950

Bath Cottages, c.1950

These cottages, which were converted for use as small shops as can be seen, were demolished in the early fifties and replaced by a block containing Paynes Hairdresser (it still is a hairdresser, The Barber Shop) and triple fronted Haywards Shoes which has since been Walfords wool shop, Armadillo Too, an anonymous antique/reproduction dealer and RSPCA charity shop.