logo

BIRCHINGTON HERITAGE TRUST
GALLERY

Station Road Shops - Postwar
Gardners in 1964

Gardners in 1964

This was built about 1929, when William J. Gardener bought and demolished 5 and 6 Bath Cottages (a pair of Dutch-gabled cottages that mirrored ‘Laburnum House’ - now Mulberry's -opposite).  Gardner was a seed and corn merchant and also sold vegetables and firewood.  It has since been an estate agent, Silvesters, then Prudential, then Wards who moved out in 2007.
It is now an office for Island Holdings