logo

BIRCHINGTON HERITAGE TRUST
GALLERY

Minnis Bay - Away from the Sea
Coastguard Cottages 1890's

Coastguard Cottages 1890's

Probably taken from the side of Old Bay Cottage. The foreground is now Minnis Road. All the buildings in this picture are still there except the one with the long low roof between the house on the left and the cottages. This was the original Bay Church which was built it c.1885 and demolished in c.1933 when the new Bay Church was built.